Smart Travel Tip: 7 Things To Look Out For When Dealing With A Travel Agency
Many people are looking at price when searching for a discount travel agency, however, there are some other things you need to watch out for that can save you time, money and headaches when using a travel agency to plan your trip.
1) Check to see if the agency is a member of ASTA (American Society of Travel Agents). Agencies who are members must follow strict rules of conduct. If you should have a problem with your agency, it will be easier for you to file a complaint.
2) Make sure their offer isn’t too good to be true. The travel industry is very competitive and some agencies will promise you the moon. Make sure they can deliver what they promise before signing up.
3) The agency should disclose their full contact information. You should easily be able to find their name, address, phone number and email address. Call the phone number and see if a real person answers. If their contact information isn’t readily available, you should take your business elsewhere.
4) Some discount agencies will promise you low rates to get your business, then hit you with hidden fees. Since you are budgeting for your trip, you don’t want to be hit with a larger bill than you planned on. Be sure to get all agency rates and fees on paper to avoid surprises.
5) Respectable travel agencies will bend over backwards to make sure you are well taken care of, especially if you have medical needs while traveling. An agency out for a quick buck will not provide you with great customer service, so ask questions about how they will accommodate your special requests before signing.
6) A good travel agency will be there to help you during and after your trip to make sure everything is going smoothly. If you have a problem during your trip, the agency will be available to assist you. Fly by night services will disappear after you’ve handed over your money. Check out the agency’s reputation before you commit to a deal.
7) A good travel agency will have access to all kinds of information about the city and/or country you are visiting. They are one of the best insider travel tip resources around whether you need a business travel tip, family travel tip, an air travel tip, or a travel packing tip.